It is quick and easy to accept payment options to your Shopify store, including credit cards, PayPal, and more! Here is how to set up the payment processing service!
When selling products online on Shopify, you, as a business owner will want to receive payments from your customers.
Luckily, when using the Shopify platform, it is super easy to accept various payment options. In order for you to set up your preferred payment options, all you need to do is log in to your Shopify Admin > Settings > Payments.
- PayPal: We assume you know about PayPal and its popularity. This is a commonly accepted payment method when shopping online, if not the most popular method used worldwide. Setting up PayPal on your Shopify store requires for you to sign up for a free account. Once you do that, you can choose between the 3 PayPal payment methods – Express Checkout, Payments Advanced, and Payments Pro. To start accepting payments click Activate. Then, you will be prompted to log in to your PayPal account. Click Grant Permission to accept PayPal on your Shopify store. That’s it! You can now start accepting PayPal on your store.
- Credit Cards: The Shopify platform has pre-integrated payment gateways to start accepting credit cards. You can find a list of the payment gateways accepted (Authorize.net, CyberSource, Payment Express, WorldPay, Cardstream, CashEnvoy, Citrus Payments, DataCash, DirectPay, and more). When choosing a payment gateway, you need to have an account.
- Shopify Payments: Even though the Shopify platform allows various payment methods, they come with a transaction charge. Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe.
- Other Credit Card Payment Gateways: If you prefer using payment gateway options like Authorize.net, setting up a payment processing service is super easy – add your credentials and you can start using the service.
- Offline Payment Methods: In some situations, it makes sense for your business to accept offline payment methods like Money Order, Cash on Delivery, Bank Deposit, and more. When using offline payment methods, you set instructions for your customers to pay you. Once your customers pay for the product, you need to verify the payment and change the status to Paid.
By following these helpful tips, you will set up your online store to start accepting payments from customers worldwide.
Select your preferred method and ensure safe and accurate payment processing!